Pages

Friday, April 1, 2011

Friday Fave's




  Happy April Fool Day to all!  I seriously considered posting a few of my favorite pranks to play, but decided that this year I am going to try something new.... being serious on a day that is full of laugh's and jokes!  I sure hope none of you get too many pulled on you.  :)
  I always seem to think of scent's when I think of my favorite things.  Freshly mowed grass, fresh bread baking, a new baby.  All of these items link me to the aroma and the memories their odors bring.  I had to really dig to come to a decision for other types a faves.
  This week I am going to post a couple of my favorite lamp shades I have stumbled on while browsing the web. I have a passion for lamp shades that are different than the norm.  I hope you find these as beautiful, creative, and fun as I do.  All of them I find creative beyond measure.
  Sarah Turner is an artist I find remarkable!  Her shades are not only gorgeous, but made from plastic soda bottles!  Who would have ever thought that something so ordinary could turn into something so exquisite.  I applaud her creations  .Sarah Turner - Daisy
  Shannon Eileen has a fun and easy post on her blog about taking a paper lantern and turning it into something fun.  I like the soft look the flowers give this shade.  How easy does this look??  DIY - Paper Lantern Makeover
 Take a look at Design Sponge Online's post for a paper lantern decorated with scrap paper!!  WOW!!  I think it would be incredible to make this and would love to hear the conversations it inspired.  Something about this shade reminds me of Phyllis Diller, though.  Must be the parallel of her hair if she was hanging upside down??  This is a must on my "To Do" list... Paper Lantern Makeover
  And the last shade I want to talk about this week is just fun, fun, fun!!  I love people who take things from Ikea or Pottery Barn and create their own version for a much more realistic price.  After all, who can really afford Pottery Barn in this economy?!?!  This shade is made using and actual Ikea lamp, but I really think it would work with and clear glass shade you have laying around.  What a fun way to display some of your favorite memories and, at the same time, accent your decor!  Another I have to add to my never-ending "To Do" list.   Go to Poopscape to see the sensational  IKIAE Lamp Hack

No comments:

Post a Comment