Pages

Friday, July 15, 2011

~Friday Fave's - BABIES~

There is something about new babies that most of us have to admit, make them one of our favorite things in Life. Maybe it's the smell... freshness and innocence all wrapped up in lotion and powder. Maybe it's the softness of a new baby... the skin as smooth as anything we've ever felt, their coo's so faint and soft that we are wrapped in a feeling of maternal Love. Or maybe it's just the beauty of a new life that makes us powerless against their stares of wonder and beauty.
Whatever it is, a baby is often on the top of the list of a person's Favorite Things. I, myself, have a adoration for babies. Whether it is a newborn, or a toddler stumbling around, there is an unexplainable joy I feel when I see a Baby.
Below I have listed some of my favorite pictures of babies and a precious poem. I think I will now go and spend some time with my 2 little granddaughter's, my newest adoration of beautiful babies.


This is one of my all time FAVE pictures!! My best friend, Deb, looking at her grandson, Elliot, right after he was born.

This next picture is of one of my grandchildren. This is Ava who was a tiny 2 lbs. when she was born. You can see in this picture how she fit in the palm of my hand,



What a pretty little girl!!

Photobucket

Of course, Everbody has a soft spot for twins...

Photobucket

Last, one of my all time fave baby pictures!
Photobucket

This is a poem that I read a long time ago and have always loved it. It explains a very small part of the love for our chilldren we feel, as a mother.


Her little arms reach out to me

When I walk in the room,

This special little spirit, yes

This child of my womb



The trusting smile she gives to me

While gazing in my eyes,

It causes me to feel as though

I've won the greatest prize



The dimple from her Daddy flashes

In her rosy cheek,

The love I feel inside for her

So strong I cannot speak



I hold her close and kiss her brow

And whisper of my love,

I say a prayer of gratefulness

And send it up above



Her Mother? What could I have done

To earn this gift, this right?

I'm still not sure, but I'll thank God

Each morning and each night.

No comments:

Post a Comment