Pages

Friday, July 22, 2011

Friday Faves ~ Altered Crafts

It seems like ages ago I used to belong to several swap groups at Yahoogroups. We had all different types of swaps from dishtowels to candles. One of my favorite types of swaps was for booklets called Deco's. Deco's are basically just like the little FB (friendship books), only decorated with different mediums and then sent all over the world for people to decorate a page in, sign and send on. A ton of fun, and a ton of postage!!
Towards the end of my swapping career, people had begun swapping little books called ATC's. Altered Trading Cards. I fell in love with these little pages the first time I saw them and had to try my hand at making some. Easy peasy!!! I probably spent more than a zillion dollars on supplies to start my newest hobby, and if you dig real DEEP in my drawers, you can still find an envie or two of these little embellished papers and some dried up glitter glue I had invested in. :)
The more i crafted these booklets, the more I learned about Altered Crafts. (Basically an Altered Craft is when you take any everyday object and "alter" it into a creation of your own.) I love, love, LOVE all of the fun things people have come up with over the years, and wanted to share a few with you today. I hope you enjoy these as much as I do. If you decide to try your hand at an altered craft my only suggestion would be, DON'T go broke on supplies. Some of the coolest creations have been made with stuff people found laying around their homes.

Here is a gorgeous ATC for you to see. Look at how creative the artist was!! I forgot to mention that one rule of making ATC's is that they be 2 1/2" x 3 1/2" in size. These are tiny!!!


Here is a sample of an Altered Book. These are very popular and can be as few as 1 or 2 pages being altered, to the entire book.


An Altered Tin:



An Altered Clock:


An Altered CD



An Altered Domino

No comments:

Post a Comment