Pages

Monday, July 18, 2011

My Manic Monday Shares

I have a terrible habit of surfing craft sites. I don't just look at a couple for some inspiration and ideas, I will literally spend hours lost in looking at all the different ideas people share. I will click and click and click until I have no idea how to get back to where I originally started. *Sigh* One of the many bad habits you will all find out about.
I guess one of the positive sides of my tireless surfing would be that I have an endless supply of links to share. I have to be careful when I open my Bookmark menu though, or I will once again start wandering off into cyberspace craftiness, forgetting what I had started out to do. :)
This week I am going to post a few sites that I have saved of talented people who, like me, refuse to pat the crazy prices Pottery Barn wants for their things, and have made their own version. Many times their versions are far better than the originals they found on Pottery Barn. Don't get me wrong, I love Pottery Barn. I would give anything to have my house done in the decor they offer their fans... I just refuse to pay $$$$ for something that I can make for an eighth of the price.
Check out some of the beauties I have found:
~First of all, Check out these lamp shades that Pottery Barn is currently selling. WOW!! I would love to have a few of them. Make sure you also check out the prices. OUCH!

Pottery Barn

~Here at A Charming Nest Erin makes herself an awesome piece of Wall Art that PB calls "Vintage Key's". Take a look at the talent this lady has. She saved herself a fortune!!

A Charming Nest

~Bekki over at Little Red Hen (one of my fave blogs) made this fun and easy pencil wall art. Love it!! It could be made using a ton of different items.Little Red Hen


Those are just a few of the cool knock off's out there for neat stuff from the Pottery Barn. I would really like to have a link party someday with everyone sharing their PB knock off's. If you have one that you would like to share, send it in.


No comments:

Post a Comment